McGregor v Nurmagomedov - the key questions

McGregor v Nurmagomedov - the key questions

McGregor v Nurmagomedov - the key questions

"However, I fought at 170lbs and I relinquish the title, I fought at 185lbs and I relinquished the title, I don't think the UFC will let me fight for the title at 155lbs".

UFC held its 25th anniversary quarterly press conference on Friday in Los Angeles leading into the UFC 227 event set to take place this weekend in the Staples Center.

According to UFC president Dana White, former lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor will not be punished for the bus attack that almost decimated an entire fight card and sent the two-time champion to jail. A promotional video then played to promote the bout. "These guys are going to fight the first week of October". It's gonna be a big fight.

McGregor not been in the UFC in 2016.

Two words: McGregor's back.

Khabib Nurmagomedov's manager, Ali Abdelaziz, has said he would be happy to see his client take home $10 million for the bout, according to R-Sport.

In addition to McGregor's return, another UFC great is set to return. McGregor, though, never defended the strap as he courted a boxing showdown with Floyd Mayweather, leaving a vacuum in the division.

The pair will fight for the lightweight title, with McGregor putting his 21-3 record up against Nurmagomedov's superior mark of 26-0.

This is going to be one hell of a fight!

The 30-year-old later turned himself into police and last month pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, meaning he will serve five days of community service and undergo anger management classes.

The announcement was made at a UFC news conference to reveal fight cards running through the end of the year, including the November 3 co-main event between McGregor's heated lightweight rival Nate Diaz and gritty Dustin Poirier.

Unlike former two-division champion, Mcgregor had worldwide media appearances for his bout against Jose Aldo at UFC 189 and on a much larger scale the promotion of Floyd Mayweather bout, this time around there wouldn't be any world tour due to of tight time frame. But it seems time and no lack of contrition from McGregor has softened the UFC president's stance as he told ESPN: "Conor came and did what he did and didn't expect the results that happened".

Related news