Conor McGregor Has Now Been Charged for Thursday's Incident

Conor McGregor Has Now Been Charged for Thursday's Incident

Conor McGregor Has Now Been Charged for Thursday's Incident

Before the mayhem, White said the lightweight champion was expected to fight again later this year.

"The Notorious" appeared in a NY court on Friday, where a total of 22 counts have been filed against him, including two felony counts of criminal mischief.

McGregor was charged with assault and criminal mischief for the outburst.

The popular Irishman is close to UFC 223 fighter Artem Lobov, who was involved this week in a scuffle in a hotel with Khabib Nurmagomedov.

The UFC said Thursday night that Chiesa had been deemed unfit to fight by the New York State Athletic Commission and the UFC medical team and was removed from the bout.

He previously told Reuters he made an eye-watering $US140 million ($A196 million) from last August's boxing match with Floyd Mayweather.

McGregor handed himself in to police after footage emerged of the chaotic scenes in the Barclays Centre.

Conor McGregor being arrested after the assault incident.

White also denied the rumours that McGregor showed up to Brooklyn to talk business.

UFC president Dana White condemned the incident as "one of the most disgusting things that's happened in the history of the company".

McGregor will be allowed to travel back to Ireland before the trail, which is set for June 14.

The UFC released two different videos of McGregor heaving items, including a metal barrier and a hand truck, at a packed bus full of fighters.

Despite being worth an estimated $84m, McGregor did not have access to the $75,000 and so, had to visit a bail bondsman, who paid for him to be released from jail on Friday. The windshield of one bus was cracked, and fighter Michael Chiesa suffered cuts to the face during the incident.

Bail for Cowley was reportedly being set at US$25,000.

McGregor reacted angrily to the decision on social media.

For comparison, here's how White reacted in the hours after McGregor and his crew smashed some windows on a bus and injured two UFC fighters in the process.

Nurmagomedov is fighting for the 155 title Saturday, after White said earlier this week McGregor would no longer be permanent champ, according to the Washington Post.

McGregor profanely responded on Twitter and wrote, "You'll strip me of nothing".

The fight between Max Holloway and Nurmagomedov was cancelled on Friday when Holloway didn't make weight for the main event, a lightweight championship left vacant by McGregor.

Related news