Palestinian martyred in new West Bank clashes

Palestinian martyred in new West Bank clashes

Palestinian martyred in new West Bank clashes

Light clashes broke out on Wednesday morning between the young men and Israeli Occupation Forces, at the northern entrance of Bethlehem, central West Bank.

Israeli forces earlier on Tuesday stormed Nablus, provoking Palestinian youths to take to the streets.

On Tuesday Hamas invited Palestinians in the West Bank to follow Jarrar's example and urged the Palestinian National Authority to end security cooperation with Israel.

In a statement, the military said its troops had been searching for another Palesitnian who they claimed fatally stabbed an Israeli man at the entrance to the Jewish colony of Ariel in the West Bank on Monday.

PPS said another Palestinian was detained from Nablus district.

He is the third Palestinian to be killed by Israeli soldiers in the occupied West Bank, within 24 hours, after the soldiers killed Ahmad Jarrar, near Jenin, and Khaled Waleed Tayeh, in Nablus. Another security guard shot and killed the attacker, the military said in a statement.

During the raid, Israeli forces reportedly called on Jarrar to exit the building in which he was hiding, and when he did not, forces launched at least one missile at the building. Zaamara's family home in Halhul was raided by Israeli forces in the aftermath of the attack.

There were further calls for more settlement construction at Tuesday's funeral for Ben Gal, held at the Har Bracha settlement where he lived, Israeli media reported.

The Shin Bet Israeli security agency said that he was armed.

Israeli settlements are seen as illegal under worldwide law and a major obstacle to peace as they are built on land the Palestinians see as part of their future state.

"We must say it in a clear way that there will be only one sovereign state between Jordan and the [Mediterranean] sea, that is the State of Israel with united Jerusalem as its capital", he said.

Israel faced sharp criticism from the administration of former U.S. president Barack Obama over settlement construction, but that has not been the case under his successor Donald Trump.

Related news