Residents cause apartment fire after using lighter to try to kill spider

Residents cause apartment fire after using lighter to try to kill spider

Residents cause apartment fire after using lighter to try to kill spider

According to Wisegarvger, the man used a torch-style lighter to try and kill the spider after seeing it in his bedroom.

You might also be interested in.
.

Wolf spiders can grow to the size of a person's hand in some cases, though they are often smaller.

Wisegarver said the men had been talking for some time about moving out of the apartment prior to the fire.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to other apartments, and all the residents in the building escaped unharmed, the Searchlight reported.

The residents unsuccessfully tried to quench the blaze using a garden hose but, before long, a fire was raging in the room.

KHSL-TV via CNN
KHSL-TV via CNN

Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray said that firefighters are at the scene of an apartment fire near Waldon Street in Redding. The fire caused about $11,000 in damage, officials said.

The fire, which started shortly before noon in the 2500 block of Waldon Street in downtown, was extinguished within 20 minutes, Pitt said.

Ms Wisegarver and the two men living in the apartment were told it was uninhabitable and that they would have to find another place to live.

"We'll make it work", she told the news website.

They say they were trying to burn the spider with a propane torch when they accidentally ignited the corner of a box spring.

Currently, there are about 200 species of wolf spiders in North America - they are common in California.

Related news