Russian Federation condemns North Korean latest missile launch

Russian Federation condemns North Korean latest missile launch

Russian Federation condemns North Korean latest missile launch

Russian Federation on Thursday rejected a USA call to cut ties with North Korea in response to Pyongyang's launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile.

"If someone really wants to use force to, as the US representative to the United Nations put it, destroy North Korea.then I think that is playing with fire and a big mistake", Lavrov told reporters.

Last month, President Donald Trump said Russian Federation was hurting USA efforts to disarm the North Korea of its nuclear weapons.

While Russia condemned North Korea's latest missile test, Lavrov also raised concerns about the large-scale U.S.

United States' ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley has issued warning to China this week saying that the country must stop providing oil shipments to its isolated neighbor or else the United States will take up situation in its own hand.

North Korea, in an announcement broadcast on state TV, said this week it had successfully tested a new type of intercontinental ballistic missile called Hwasong-15.

His comments come in response to Washington's statement on the need to cut ties with North Korea.

"The latest U.S. actions look created to deliberately provoke Pyongyang into taking new extreme action", Mr Lavrov told reporters in Belarus, according to a Russian Foreign Ministry transcript.

In a tit-for-tat war of words with Korean leader Kim Jong-un, the U.S. president called Kim a "madman" while the Korea leader dubbed him a "mentally deranged U.S. dotard".

He also complained that the USA was "totally ignoring" a United Nations demand for talks with North Korea."I think it's a big mistake", said Mr Lavrov.

"We were encouraged by that approach, but suddenly they are conducting surprise military exercise in October, then November, now we announced in December", - said the Minister. However, under pressure from the United States, China in September has agreed to reduce shipments of refined petroleum products to North Korea under 2 million barrels per day. "They've proposed a freeze-for-freeze solution a number of times, in which the USA would suspend its military exercises in exchange for North Korea suspending its missile testing and nuclear development", Armstrong told ThinkProgress.

He said: "North Korea will be unsafe in about nine months or so because then two things are going to happen at the same time". Germany was also demanding North Korea reduce its diplomatic presence in Germany.

The latest threat came after North Korea tested its third ICBM, which it claimed was capable of striking anywhere in the United States. "We do not see any reasonable alternative to it", it said.

Related news