Charges filed against 3 Michigan State football players in sex assault case

This is the second case of sexual assault involving the Michigan State football program.

While Vance redshirted his freshman year in 2016, King played nine games and Corley played all 12, catching three touchdown passes. Winter brought very serious off-the-field issues to supplement the on-the-field catastrophe, as a sexual assault complaint was filed against three players.

Robertson was dismissed from the program on April 21.

Donnie Corley Jr. was arraigned in East Lansing's 54B District Court, facing a third-degree criminal sexual conduct charge.

Third degree criminal sexual conduct is a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Cops say MSU Police detectives conducted more than 1,500 hours of investigation, including more than 100 interviews and contacts.

"This staff member subsequently spoke with the three players allegedly involved in the January 2017 incident in order to determine what had occurred, communicated with a parent of one of those players regarding the incident, and failed to report any information he learned to OIE or MSU PD".

Dantonio said he's "angry" about what's happened.

All three players were part of the no. 17 ranked recruiting class for Michigan State in 2016.

All 3 players were officially kicked off the MSU football team Tuesday morning. An external probe from a Lansing-based law firm concluded its findings on Monday and cleared Dantonio and any staffer associated with the school athletics of any wrongdoing. The alleged victim told police that she asked Corley and Vance to stop, still according to Davis' testimony.

The charges stem from a January 16 incident at a party at a campus apartment when Det. Robertson had been a defendant in a battery case in IN, but the Spartans accepted his letter of intent in 2016, with Dantonio saying he had been accepted into a pretrial diversionary program and needed to continue to satisfy those requirements.

"I do not believe he poses any risk of harm to society or to the public", Smith said. Afterward, Chairman Brian Breslin said the board received a briefing "on football and athletic activities" from Dantonio and athletic director Mark Hollis. Robertson's diversionary program included a 22-week course focused on behavior changes that began in IN and was transferred to the state of Michigan's Prevention and Training Services program. "He was going to be the star of the team", Beard said. "Obviously, we took a risk as you said earlier".

"I think he's an upstanding young man". They are accused of assaulting a woman in the bathroom of an on-campus apartment during a party in January. The report says the coach "again took prompt and appropriate action" when another player was accused of sexual misconduct in April. Nonetheless, Dantonio suspected the reporting player was a potential witness to an incident that could implicate the University's RVSM policy. The report found that Dantonio fully complied with university policy. He dismissed the players charged Tuesday without waiting for the rest of their criminal proceedings to play out, and he made a point of mentioning educational efforts aimed at helping athletes stay out of trouble.

Messages were left seeking comment from attorneys representing King and Vance. "There's a whole lot more out there".

"This is my home", Hollis said, choking up a bit as he spoke.

Thing are messier at Michigan State University.

Related news